Nature's Music
[html]OOC:// Your post made me lol. XD
IC://

As Kenna reclined at the river's edge and enjoyed the sounds of the forest that surrounded her, she smiled contently. Dust, in his boredom slowly started to drift away from his rider, heading for a small tuft of grass he could nibble on. Kenna didn't try to stop him. Sighing softly, the woman shifted her weight on her paws and then slowly rose figuring she might walk along the river for time. Dusting off the seat of her jeans and straightening her hat, the wolf-collie hybrid took a second to check her reflection in the water. She wasn't vain by any means, but did like to always look presentable at the very least. Seeing a leaf or two caught in her brunette hair she went about freeing them from her locks with dextrous fingers. As she untangled the dry, brittle plant life from her person she felt the fur along the back of her neck prickle with the sensation of eyes upon her. Frowning she slowly lowered her paws from her hair, one slowly creeping for the small knife strapped to her hip, she flicked her ears about, now listening past the natural sounds for the padding of paw steps over the river rocks or any other unusual noise. As she turned to look towards Dust, suddenly a loud crackling and thudding sound broke out behind her. Whipping around quicker than a blink, knife drawn, the cowgirl was surprised to see another optime canid figure, a stranger, hurriedly recovering from what was apparently him falling from a tree. He was a what looked like an aussie shepherd dog, slightly bulky and stocky in build with bi-colored eyes. He was unclad and attractive in a...rugged kind of way. It seemed she'd been running into a lot of more dog-like faces than normal lately she mused, a slight smirk creeping onto her maw as the male's choice swears graced her ears. Seeing her looking right at him, her knife posed to strike must have startled him for he looked mighty ruffled. 'Then again, falling from a tree might do it too...' She thought to herself just as he rushed a quick, rather poorly executed greeting to cover his embarrassment. "Hello! I, uh, like your horse!"

Kenna's eyebrow raised slowly, giving the stranger a questioning look. 'Really...?' She then turned to look back at Dust (he now stood watching the interaction between the two of them with interest), then back at the fallen dog. "My horse." She repeated him, her western accent apparent, her smirk growing as she casually stowed away her blade at her hip , he seemed no real threat. She saw right through the male's excuse and it greatly amused her. It was good for him that she was in a good mood. She then spoke again, pointing over her shoulder at the stallion."Dust?" She scoffed softly. "He's nothing special...Just a buckskin quarter." She said simply with a shrug before a slightly playful glimmer rose into her blue eyes. "Though somethin' tells me you ain't fallin' out of tree over the beauty of my horse...I'd reckon you were spying on me." She guessed, obviously entertained. Crossing her arms over her chest and angling her head to look down her muzzle, her hat partially covering her brow she continued to eye the flustered man with an amused, questioning, but guarded look. "Am I right?" She flicked her tail behind her, standing slightly wide stanced and waited for his response.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread