Nature's Music
Kenna's amusement only seemed to frustrate the male more. She watched as he seemed to grow angrier with every word she spoke. A fleeting thought crossed her mind of wishing she hadn't stowed away her knife so quickly, but the stranger didn't make any move to attack so she refrained from reaching for it again. She hadn't meant to be abrasive or truly accusing, it was that she had been startled and yet his reaction was just funny to her. "I wasn't spying!" His retort came back a snappishly and Kenna was slightly taken aback. A small frown began to take the place of her smirk and her ears momentarily lay back at the harsh words. The male then proceeded to defend himself and Kenna tensed a little as his annoyance became more apparent than his embarrassment. Lifting her paws in front of her in a placating gesture she shook her head. "Hey now partner, I wasn't trying to rile ya up...Just calm down alright? I was just teasin'." She tried to soothe the stocky built dog and gave a reassuring, half smile as he pouted.

It was still a little amusing to her that he was so flustered over something that could have happened to anybody. Circumstances might be different, but anyone who'd ever climbed a tree had probably fallen out once or twice. "I apologize if we woke ya, sir. We didn't know anybody was around." She explained calmly and glanced over as Dust came slowly plodding up beside her. She then lay her paw along his neck. The stallion sniffed in the direction of the stranger curiously. The dog then decided to scold her for her previous words about her horse. At this, Kenna's smirk was back, as was her playful nature. "Honey, don't you worry about him. He's got an attitude, ego and a complex all his own already. I had nothin' to do with it." She chuckled then and swished her tail. Dust nudged against her shoulder idly, more bored than actually amused as the stranger had interpreted and she absently scratched her fingers at his neck. The man had no idea the close relationship horse and rider had, so he couldn't know that the two were always giving each other crap (in a friendly manner of course). Dust would misbehave and purposely be a pain in the neck and Kenna would lovingly insult him. "Honestly, I didn't mean to offend ya. ...Let's start over shall we?" She offered with a smile. "I'm Kenna, Kenna Foxleigh." She removed her hat and held out a paw for him to shake. "Nice to meet you." She then glanced up at the tree he'd fallen from. "D'you visit this forest often?" She asked him next, curious. She couldn't smell any pack on him, so she assumed he was just one of the many loners of the lands.

Messages In This Thread