Nature's Music
[html]
OOC: So sorry for the really late + slow reply!

He could feel the palpable tension easing between them. The quiet chatter quieted the background music and the birds seemed to be listening in, indignant that a canine's gruff words would dare to interrupt their placid music making. She was talking and he happily listened to everything she had to say. After his embarrassment, he had gained his confidence quickly once the tensions had dispelled. A firm grin took its place on his face and he nodded along with her and let his eyes twinkle. He could care less about the birds with her around, the birds didn't have a beasty horse or that little bit of southern drawl that he was finding so endearing about her.

Helios could tell she'd even been on her own before, her comment verifying that she had known hard ship just as he had. Then, she went onto her pack, a life that he so desperately wanted to live with his sister. Stable, happy and content all in one place and a roof over your head every night. He had heard of Cercatori d'Arte and heard its ideals and it had definitely appealed to him. With his joy of carving and beauty in general(for he felt he had to be beautiful, being so short), he found that the pack of artisans would be a good choice for himself. "I was thinking of joining up there, actually," he piped in, even though she seemed to talk, "Seems like the perfect place for me and my sister. I carve while she plays the flute." For a moment, he simply watched her look at herself in the water and let out a small laugh.

His smiling chuckle was slightly choked when the inquisitive horse came over. It was odd being so close to the large animal, it did cause him a moment panic and allowed his heart to pick up. He found no evil intentions in the horse's calm eyes but Kenna's reassuring words helped to still his heart. He felt soothed enough to reach over and give Dust a gentle, very timid stroke on the nose. "Good horse," he said, grimacing and smiling at the same time, mostly in amusement to his own cowardice. The grimace-smile turned into a chuckle and then to a laugh when Kenna started up. She had a nice laugh, it was a kind of laugh he didn't mind hearing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread