Give me miles & mountains to climb
[html]

Alder peered out into the darkness of night’s shadow, the wind whipping through his fur and pushing harshly against his monstrous form. He felt a hollow pit in his stomach, nothing like this had happened to the stables while he was in charge of it. Nothing this horrible. The section of wall was completely destroyed and it would take resources and many hours to rebuild, but his concern was not on those facts. Who was missing? How many faces had disappeared in the storm? And were they safe? The tapping of foot-paws caused him to turn and face whomever approached. He saw Trent, a face that he had not expected. Where was Hati? Alder had expected him to answer his call first and foremost.

The taller male gave Trent a nod of greeting, his face grim and cold. There were many things that Alder wished to say to him, mainly surrounding an apology. But there wasn’t time for his simple internal disputes.

Hati appeared behind the coy-wolf and Alder looked to him with a less grim face. He was glad to see the dark toned wolf, confidence in Hati’s skill and knowledge of the horses in the stables easing his dire concerns. I don’t know yet. He finally spoke, his voice rough and deep. The fur on his head seemed longer, matted against his face and hanging in his eyes. Alder swept it away, knowing that as the Marshal of the pack it was his duty to bring the horses home safe and sound.

Alder moved forward, away from the open wall. Hati, go look to see who is missing. Trent, get some ropes, as many as you can find. We are going to go get anyone that missing, once we know who we’re looking for. The wolf spoke over the howling wind, his voice surprising smooth. Though his face broke and his frown and eyes spoke of the necessity of their actions and direness of the situation. I’ll get something to block the wall.

He moved away from them, retracing his steps back towards the open wall and out into the storm. Leaving the others to do their jobs Alder ran out into the rain. He was grateful for one thing, there was always plenty of spare old door, fence pieces and other broken articles lying around. It only took a few trips for him to have the new “doorway” barricaded sufficiently.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread