Feels like dreaming
*happy noises*
[html]
[/html]Tayui nodded quietly as Anu spoke. She was glad that Anu didn’t want to avoid her ex-mate; that would have been difficult in a pack seemingly as tighly-knit as this one. She agreed that avoiding the other woman would only be worse in the long run. Tayui didn’t want this to sour her outlook of the other woman, either, but she feared that it inevitably would. When she finally did meet Colibri—wait, Colibri, was that…? No, another time—she knew that all she would be able to think was that she had hurt Anu like this. Tayui tended to remember things for a long time; be it past action or inaction. She would remember this.

She would also remember Anu’s next words: ‘You are my life now, you are everything.’ Tayui froze. She didn’t know what to say. Even now, as Anu reassured her that she had nothing to worry about (shouldn’t it be the other way around?) she was able to say something like that and make the conversation about them. Tayui didn’t know what to say. She wanted to panic, she wanted to say, ‘no, I can’t be everything you need more than just me,’ or, ‘I’m nothing without you,’ or something else.

“Anu,” she breathed, because nothing could ever compare. She looked down at her hands wondering how she could deserve this—all of this—all of Anu. How could she reply?

And then Anu surprised her again.

“I—” she began, overcome with emotions. She looked up to see Anu smiling at her. Even if this was Colibri Soul, even if she was kind, no matter what had happened to Anu before, they were here, together, now. “Anu, you’re so strong,” she replied, almost in awe. She laughed and then shook her head, smiling blissfully. “I would be honoured to be your mate. I want to be with you. I love you.”

She couldn’t stop smiling. [html]
[/html]
WC: 321

Messages In This Thread