To see with eyes unclouded by hate
[html]

I'm tacking on a sort of fade-to-end post, I hope you don't mind. I'm super slow and this thread is really old. -is failcat- Perhaps we can haz a new one, in Crimson Dreams soon?

"It would be no trouble at all," she replied with a return smile. "I'm probably not the best teacher you can find, but you wouldn't be my first pupil, either." When spending time with her aunt's young family, Festivity had been the local teacher-in-chief and all of her stories were teaching tales of some form or another. Not all of the listeners had been pups either, for not many in that community were travelers and none certainly as far-reaching as herself. Festivity preferred a role as bard to one of teacher, but it was amazing how often blurry the distinction between the two often was.

As they neared the library-side campsite, Valrian took wing and headed for his favorite perching tree, one with an especially good view of Festivity's fire pit. The coals from this morning's fire had been carefully covered with ash and should still be hot enough for fresh flames, given the proper attentions. "Ah, here we are. Welcome to my humble abode," her tone was light, for the place consisted of little more than a tent and kitchen area. There were books and writing supplies inside, safe from the unpredictable weather and sketchy patching of her weather-beaten (but still colorful) tent. Festivity beckoned to her new friend to join her fire-side, where they could pass the evening in food, conversation, and perhaps exchange a tale or two of the foreign lands where they were born.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread