I am living fire
[html]

WC:414+ - OOC Points - 3

Urging the steed onwards was all Malakai could do, and the feeling of helplessness was something he just wasn't used to. He couldn't help her, he hadn't got the skills to fix her wounds or even stop the bleeding. All he could do was hold onto her until the horse brought them to the caverns and he could at least take her to someone who could help. But it turned out that he couldn't even keep tight a hold of her properly. As Axelle jolted away and shouted for her mother, Kai's grip on her loosened enough so that her body launched from the horse. He yelled at the top of his voice for her, an immediatly yanked on the reins to stop the animal, tossed off the horse himself as it reared up with heavy snorts and neighs.

Scrambling to his feet, Malakai headed for Axelle, who was shifting to her Lupus form before him. His eyes roamed over her as he skidded to her side, seeing that all of her wounds looked fresh and bloody once more. A growl of frustration left him - she was dying right in front of him and he felt so utterly useless. Time was of the essence now, and scooping Axelle up into his arms once more, made a little easier given her shift, he turned and began running towards their home, towards help. He would waste more time trying to get them both back on the horse, and right now, Kai knew he could make better time this way.

As he ran with his female in his arms, with her blood matting her fur, hoping that what he thought had happened, hadn't, something resonated in him that had never done so before - desperation. Kai had never cared about much before, but now, when the only thing he did care about was in danger and he couldn't do anything to help her, he felt desperate. He ran so hard and so fast that his muscles burned and his lungs felt like they would explode, but soon enough, the cavern enterence was in sight. He had to get Axelle help. "I am... never letting you... out of my sight... again..." This was the second attack Axelle had sustained in his absence and while he knew that she was strong and could hold her own, Kai was not going to risk the same thing happening to her again. He would be there to make sure she was alright, always.

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread