Elder's Wisdom
[html]

i lost half my post in the last one! how did that happen?

She stayed still as he sniffed curiously at her before raising her head, just as curious about him. It was an old ritual, but one that he trusted to tell him anything he needed to know. He could tell that she'd been sick recently and was recovering, for example. She was tough to have survived that at her age. Having her meet his eyes startled him slightly, his lips pulling back before she dropped her gaze again. Remembering that some canines actually looked at each other when speaking he relaxed, letting his lips lower again. He himself did that on occasion when he was relaxed and playing, and it meant nothing.

He didn't believe in the slightest that she was younger than he thought, but kept quiet on the manner. Mentioning age was a good way to end up in the bad books of older wolves. No one liked thinking about how death was creeping up on them. Hearing that she had been a beta surprised Tharin. He'd thought this pack was relatively new! How old was it, that this wolf had been the beta and trusted with that position? Leaving for business made sense to him, but he did not think she would be beta again, no matter how long she might have held that position for before. A few months. Long enough to prove my loyalty. What business took you away?

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread