Elder's Wisdom
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
I have no idea... how bizarre! Hmm... 'Souls does sometimes like to eat words I guess XD... Also Tharin was good to keep quiet on the age thing... XD
WC: 420

The male reacted badly to the sable female looking him in the face and so she decided that it would be better not to do it again, not all wolves were like Zalen, he did not mind her behaving like his equal at times, at least he hadn't in the past, when she had been the Beta, perhaps things would be different now, or perhaps he would always look kindly upon his adopted mother. Only time would tell she supposed. The dark female managed to sneak a glance at the male as she spoke, making sure to keep her eyes mostly averted from his face. He seemed surprised that she had been the Beta wolf, a smile played across her lips as she mused on this, so many wolves underestimated her, perhaps it was the advanced years that she was reaching now, though even when she had been young wolves underestimated her, it seemed that she was better at hiding the steel of her personality between the creamier, softer aspects. But it was true, beneath the motherly, soft exterior that this sable female possessed there was steel, enough steel to arm a battalion, she had needed to create it in order to survive. She listened as the male spoke once again, saying that he had been there long enough to prove his loyalty... it seemed that her question had struck a nerve after all, it seemed that this male thought that she had been weighing him up, perhaps wondering if she was deeming him good enough for the pack. She hoped the pack were not suspicious of her, she was the former Beta, but she was no longer in that role... she knew her place and would keep to it. Then the male asked a question that made the jet pelted wolf's heart sink, the business had been terrible and bloody, borne of grief and rage. For a moment she faltered, wondering if she should tell this near-stranger what had happened. But then again she treated her pack as family, family told one another the truth.
“A young female of this pack, my adopted daughter was murdered. I went to avenge her death and to reclaim her body. The avenging was completed, alas I never did find her body. That was where I got these scars.” Soran paused, nodding down at her chest. "She was killed by a bear you see." Soran added as explanation, a heavy, wistful sigh escaping her lips, apparently she was not quite done grieving yet.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread