Elder's Wisdom
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
WC: 514

The sable female had known what a foolish action it had been, marching across the lands in order to end the life of a bear, simply because it had killed her daughter. But there had been no other course of action in her mind, something darker than her usual personality had taken over, something which usually only stirred on the battlefields of war. She could not help herself, there had been too much loss recently, she had lost children, lovers, friends, a bloody battle had raged with Aniwaya only a few months before the bear's actions. She had had enough, somehow by killing the bear it made her feel like she had lashed back at death in a way, it felt like just for once she had bested the cold claws of whatever it was that took life away, she had struck back. She was so tired of losing those she cared about to old age, illness or injury. The ebony wolf was often a very peaceful wolf, she tried to be diplomatic, to be kind to those around her, to find peaceful solutions to whatever the pack was facing. But in this there was no diplomacy, one could not reason with a bloodthirsty bear, in the same way that she was unsure that she would be able to reason with Inferni. She may have made a rash decision when she had chosen to march off and kill the wolf, she had almost been killed in the process, but still she had felt that it was the right thing to do, she was no longer grief stricken after all, she was much better able to complete her duties now that she felt that she had avenged her daughter.
“It was a hasty decision, it was foolish, but it was the only option that I found myself presented with. I could not perform my duties with her death unavenged, I was nothing more than a useless, grief-stricken creature. I have lived a very long time Tharin, and it seemed that it was the only way forward. Perhaps if I had the time again I would rethink it, perhaps take at least one other member of the pack with me, then I would have not been away for so very long. That is perhaps the only thing I regret about what happened, being away for so long, the pack needed me and I could not be here. Hopefully I will find a way to make that up to them all.” Soran replied, finding herself more able to speak freely to the gamma now, the pack was a family after all.

The sable female stole another glance upwards at the younger male before lowering her eyes once more. She was interested in him, she wanted to know what was happening with the wolves in her pack, she wanted to know all about them, her hopeless need to mother everyone was showing through once again.
"So tell me Tharin, what brought you here in the first place?" Soran asked, she liked knowing what others had done in their past.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread