Elder's Wisdom
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this reply <3

The sable female looked this male over in quiet contemplation, she did not raise her head enough to meet his gaze of course, keeping her stance slightly submissive as she gazed over him. He was silver in colour, with flecks of black running through it, he was rather intriguing to look at really, she could not help but wonder if the male was always this icy to the others in the pack though. She hoped that he was not, perhaps he was a wolf that needed to warm to others, to get to know them before opening up to them, or perhaps he was just the quiet type, perhaps this was not him being icy at all, but the sable female could not shake the feeling that he was not very keen on her. She listened as he spoke, he stated that she had not been thinking clearly. Well of course she hadn't, she had been blinded by grief and rage, but that was no reason for him to state that fact; she would not stand here and be chastised by someone who was close enough to be a complete stranger. She bristled internally, not allowing the annoyance she felt to be shown outwardly, she did not want this male to see it as a challenge, she had not come home to start any ill feeling between pack members after all.
I think we all have moments where we don't think clearly. Soran started diplomatically, if I were to ever find a wolf who had never done anything that they regret then I would be very suspicious of them indeed, we all have regrets, things we wished we had thought through more clearly before we acted. The key is knowing when to forgive those who make mistakes and hopefully they learn from them. she finished, hoping that her words were carefully chosen enough to thaw this male's icy demeanor towards her.

What Soran had said had been true, and perhaps she had had more regrets than most, but she had lived much longer than most as well, there had been so much in her past that had been unpleasant, though she did not wish for any of it to be changed, because if she had not been through all of her past experiences then she doubted that she would be the wolf she was today. The jade eyed female could not help but smile slightly as what she had said about being Zalen's adoptive mother sank in, a slight upwards flick of her eyes showed the male's own yellow eyes widening slightly as she spoke; she quickly averted her gaze once more. His response to the ebony female's next question was even less warm than the first one had been, she hoped more than anything that she had not upset the male.
I am sorry if that question was too prying, I did not meant to offend you, I simply asked out of hope that those who love you are still alive and well. Soran replied, a small smile that she hoped was comforting crossing her lips.
The pack obviously trusts you, they must think that you have settled in here well. You say that this is the life that you knew before, have you always lived the way we do here? Or have you lived the way that some of the other packs do, being more humanised? Soran asked, hoping not to offend the male any further, hoping to start a proper conversation, no matter how difficult it may be. She had always thought of every member of her pack as a family member, she did not want there to be any awkwardness between one of them and herself.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug42 b {font-weight:bold; color:#deb6ba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ac5159; }
.freebaug42 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug42 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c58891; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zyd8h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #520e0e; padding: 200px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#520e0e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug42 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug42 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 619

[/html]
Table by the wonderful Alli (Anu).

Messages In This Thread