Elder's Wisdom
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Sorry for the wait on this one hun!
WC: 584

The sable female was happy to list off what she knew of the Luperci that lived like humans, after all she had lived that way for many years herself, when she had been in Syemv, then Crimson Dreams, there had been many things that she had learned. She herself had adopted some human behaviours, but many she could see no point for, for example using horses for transportation and keeping other animals for food and milk; some of the packs even grew vegetables, something that had baffled her and still did. Why would a wolf want to eat vegetables when it was so easy to go and hunt rabbits and other animals to eat? She was a carnivore through and through and could not imagine ever having to eat the strange orange and yellow roots that some wolves seemed so fond of. There were things that the sable female still did that could be classed as more human though, but they to her were useful, they were the few things that she felt humanity had been doing right, things that were beautiful or helpful. She could read and write for one thing, it was this that had allowed her knowledge of many things to blossom, after studying many anatomy books she knew how to reset a broken bone or stitch a wound for example. She also played the flute, something that had no real use but that she did for sheer pleasure, that was something of real beauty in her eyes, something that could instill such joy and sorrow in another, simply because of a few motions of her fingers and a gentle blow of her breath, the sounds that the silver tube emitted were really rather wonderous to the sable female, they relaxed her and allowed her to think. Some things that the humans had done were not all bad, it was true that some were terrible, she had seen the cities of grey concrete that covered the once lush and green lands, she had seen evidence of how the humans had sought to control and crush nature; but some thing that they had done she could not help but be amazed at.

The male seemed to have gained some understanding of what she had said, but then again he also seemed confused, Soran supposed that he had been given an awful amount of information in a short amount of time. She smiled at the male, her tail wagging slightly, she was warming to him now and hoped he was to her. He replied and she listened intently, showing that she was alert and cared what he was saying. He said that he hunted and patrolled mostly and kept someone named Suki from harm, the sable female turned her head on to one side, wondering who this Suki was.

"Oh I see, who is this Suki of whom you speak?" Soran asked, so much had changed since she had been away, there were a lot of new faces to see, a lot of new names to learn. The idea of hunting piqued the dark female's interest though, she was a fair huntress herself, she had once held the rank of head huntress in her old pack, perhaps she could be of some use to Tharin in this way?
"I would consider myself a fair huntress, perhaps I could accompany you on an excursion sometime? I hope that you would find me useful to you." Soran offered, a hopeful smile on her dark lips.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]

Messages In This Thread