{M} deep blue
[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

So it was as she expected. "I come from a place on the other side of this sea. While this land holds limitless perversions, it is relatively, well..." She pulled herself out of the growing hole for a moment to stare out where a wave licked at the omnipresent fog, at that horizon where the sea and sky seemed to collapse and blocked her view of her former home. She gazed for only a moment, then scooted back to her spot to resume the interrupted digging. Better to be present to the moment.

"...safe. My home was dangerous and we couldn't afford not to see. Couldn't afford not to kill either, so my kind is born with teeth too. I had to dig a hole in the back of the hole I was born in to hide from my sister." A moment of silence, save the sound of the shuffling sand. "Wasn't a very good idea, I guess. I got hungry, so I stopped and stood up for myself. We fought a lot, but I ended up being the one to live. She died in the hole I dug to hide from her."

More digging. "I think this idea of burying dead friends is a pretty good one. Your vultures here are not so numerous. And digging is good fun. Lifts the spirits, ne?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread