{M} deep blue
[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

Shylome smiled. "My family was good. It's normal for one sister to die if two were born like us. It just means she went to a softer place, one where life is easier."

"But what brought me here were two-legged jackals." By this point, she knew that wolves, or at least all the wolves she'd met, could assume an anthropomorphized form and carefully emphasized the word jackals to distinguish them from two-legged wolves. "They viewed us as backwards. Thought they were better than us. Put us all in a boat to die out at sea because they didn't have the courage to kill us directly." The inflections slowly detached from her voice. "I lived, but the rest of my clan did not."

"They're up in the stars now," she added, as though to remind herself. "I think they might have guided the wolves in the boat to come pick me up and put me here. I thought this place was very backwards and confusing at first, but it is actually a lot softer than my home. I've even joined a new clan. Well, it's a clan of wolves. A 'pack', they call themselves. Are you in a pack?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread