Mind & Body
Everly, it was Everly. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity his heart awakened, freed from its stony tomb, and it hurt. The pain and joy of seeing her were worse than any physical wound. Part of him, the part governed by his heart wanted to throw himself forward and embrace her, to hold her tight and make sure she would never be able to let go. Here was his family, his true family and the last remaining vestige of a time when he had been utterly and totally happy. The other part of him though, the stronger part did not wish Everly to recognise him, it only wanted her to remember a brother who loved her dearly and who had been lost, not one prematurely aged by conflict and hardened by blood and battle. His curiosity ached to ask after the rest of their pack, their siblings, their parents, but once again this was kept in check. The grizzled male reached a hand slowly to his chest as another gust of sea breeze whipped his grey and white mane around him. He remained on the ground, but adjusted his position so that he sat more comfortably, to reveal his true height may give away more clues than he cared to. So he leaned upon his staff and examined her familiar form. His ears twitched as she spoke, and he looked over to the cliff’s edge and then back again.

”Did your parents not teach you to respect your elders?”

He said, his tone emotionless, giving no hint of his thoughts or feelings away, but perhaps if he could steer the conversation to parents, then he might find out more without revealing himself. He flexed his free hand, as though exorcising arthritis, he hated to lie, but he dared not tell the truth, he was a coward after all.

”This place is beautiful, calming.”

He shrugged, Everly could not know that he’d not revealed so much of his thoughts to anyone else in a long time.

”I choose to practise here, should someone wish to sneak up and take my life, then it is not a terrible place to die.”

He huffed, flashing a quick look at those lemon eyes.

”Well Everly of AniWaya, what can I do for you? Or did you merely come to startle me out of my training and point out the stupidity of practising upon a cliff’s edge?”

Messages In This Thread