[aw] Flowers on a Eastern wind
[html]

-

Her eyes were shining as he explained, and she had almost reached out to grab his arm. There was a determination in her eyes as he spoke of her father and she felt she was one step closer. This guy did not know him very well and so could not really describe the man to her. But, it was proof enough he was here and she had a father waiting somewhere. Did he know about her? Mother had said no, not likely. She had left before it had shown and she had never told him. Mother had mentioned a letter left to him but said that she had not said she carried the two children at the time. Sad. Would he be happy to see her? An unknown child. Perhaps not. Not many were, often enough. But she had to thank the man who helped to make her, right? Plus it was another parent to love and care for! Acceptance and family. It just made her feel all warm inside.

And then she was confused. Her smile twitched off and she gave him a confused look. "Who raised me? My mom, of course. I lived with her and the others, and my brother, in the commune. It's just my father I don't know." She sighed, feeling her heartbeat slow back down to normal. "It's just she doesn't talk much about the Inferni part of her. Honestly, we never really wanted to ask. Our relatives are apparently violent people and are prone to fight. And fighting sucks," she said with some venom. "But.. it is important to know who your parents were, especially if one is tighter lipped."

Images credited to Clarabellafairestock, John Lemieux, & wienotfilms.
<style>
.rose_01 {width:500px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/uGfGV.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color: #000; border: 1px solid #d3b6d9; font-family:verdana; padding: 320px 0px 10px 0px; }
.rose_01b {width:502px; border:1px solid black;margin:0 auto;}
.rose_01 p {padding:1px 10px; text-indent:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; line-height: 14px; color:#7a5e86; font-family: Tahoma; margin:0 auto;}
.rose_01 b {color:#a480a8; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #6f6180;}
.rose_01occ {width:500px; text-align:right; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; margin:0 auto;line-height: 13px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px;}
p.credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread