and the crashes are heaven, for a sinner like me
[html]
they took for granted your soul
and it's ours now to steal

The merle dog nodded, and Levent stepped back to give him room to enter the building and escape the howl of the wind and rain. He noticed the attention the stranger paid Mai, and Lev couldn’t blame him for that; he kept an eye on the horse as best as he could, too. He already had enough trouble handling her during peaceful times, but this storm was bringing out a vicious fear in the animal that had the Turk glad he could control her at all. Luckily, she managed to retreat to the other side of the store’s main room, still shaking and making the occasional sound of discomfort as the walls seemed to creak around them.

The second thing that Levent noticed as the blood on the other’s leg, and he stared with a scowl as the canine flopped down into a clothes pile. His ears swiveled forward, managing to unpin from his skull, as the other introduced himself. “Levent,” he answered, his voice clipped, and inclined his head for a moment. “Give me a second.” He gestured for Helios to make himself at home and disappeared into the dressing room for a moment, shuffling through his belongings and answering Wilson’s mewed questions before returning to the main room with a roll of gauze he carried for situations like this.

“I can help wrap you up if you need it,” the Turk said, even though he was far from an expert at any kind of first aid. “Can at least stop the bleeding.” He glanced at the floor and found a place to plop down, throwing the roll from hand to hand anxiously and managing to temper his fear with interest for this newcomer.

“You another loner?” he asked, unable to smell a pack scent over the mildew of the store and the salt of the wind and rain. “If not, you’ve chosen a hell of a time to go exploring.” He guessed, at least, that the pack lands would be better protected than this—or he had to believe so, subconsciously fearing for his former comrades in Cercatori d’Arte.

<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=IM+Fell+English);
.whitiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dfdede; letter-spacing:1px;}
.whitiger w {font-weight:bold; color:#728c71; letter-spacing:1px; }
.whitiger p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.whitiger {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#080401; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/87roZ.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:3px 0px 345px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#8e7f74; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.whitiger .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:'IM Fell English'; font-size:29px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.whitiger .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #728c71; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px; color:#dfdede;}
.whitiger .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread