Road to Awe
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
Smile
WC: 853

The sable female felt much better now that she was in her Secui form, she was now able to talk to X'yrin without having to look upwards in order to look into her face, it was much more comfortable than craning her neck to meet the Sangi'lak female's amber eyes. This way they could talk on an even level, the sable female could not help but feel a little liberated at not having to look away from her face as she spoke, it was something that she could often do in her own pack now, New Dawn liking the hierarchy of dominance which required the ebony female to avoid direct eye contact with those who were higher ranked than she was. Soran did not mind it of course, it was the way that the pack ran and the ebony lady respected that and was willing to follow all of the rules to the letter; but that didn't mean it wasn't nice to have the freedom to look another in the eye as she spoke to them. She smiled as she looked at the female, the small act of politeness, the golden hued lady turning away as she shifted, had not gone unnoticed; Soran liked that, she respected manners in others greatly and was glad to see that many of the wolves within the lands still had them and held them in high regard as well. The ebony female stretched out once again, her now elongated claws leaving small marks in the damp earth as she did so. She turned back to the female and couldn't help but smile, her tail wagging as she did so. X'yrin stepped over the scented borders of the pack and Soran followed, her manners would not have allowed her to cross over them uninvited after all, she would not lead the way, though that was partially because she had not been this far West before and was unsure of the way.

Ears pricked to attention as the other female spoke once more, explaining that this was the pack's first season in these lands, Soran nodded as the pair trotted along together; that meant that the pack had been formed just after she had left New Dawn, she really had missed a terrible amount of things in her absence. The amber eyed female spoke again, saying that with any luck from the pack's ancestors that they would be here for a long time; wolves believing in a deity was not an unusual thing to the sable female, she knew that her own pack would not like it most likely; however the ebony furred New Dawner was accepting of such things. She had read many books on humans and often they had chosen a deity of some kind to worship, she had even seen the crumbling monuments to them before, having been inside many old churches, one of which lay to the North of these lands, she supposed that it was gone now though, burned away in the fire. She had also known some other packs to worship deities, some more than one at a time.
“I hope that your pack is indeed here for many more seasons, I assume the Ancestors are your deities? You worship them?” Soran replied, this talk of the ancestors had piqued her curiosity, it rekindled the lust for knowledge that she had always had; that was of course why she had read so very many books in her lifetime. X'yrin spoke again and Soran smiled.
"I would very much like to continue this bond we have between the packs myself, I certainly hope that the rest of New Dawn and Sangi'lak feel the same." She replied, she had noticed the way the female was avoiding using her front legs as much but was unsure of whether or not to comment upon it or not, after all it was very easy to be too curious, Soran wanted to be tactful and not upset this new found friend. Soran smiled and her ears twitched as the female spoke again, asking how the pack was fairing after the storm. This deflated the mood that Soran was in somewhat, thinking of the devastation of her pack lands. The ebony female gave a small sigh as she slowed slightly in her bouncing pace across the lands.
"The lands are not too badly damaged; there are broken tree boughs and a lot of the grass has been battered into the ground, everything is still rather damp, the sable female paused and chuckled."But I'm fairly sure that it is nothing that we can't fix if we work together, everything will dry out eventually. Although two of our members have gone missing. But I believe that that was before the storm hit the lands. My mate, Deuce being one of them of course, as far as I know no-one was injured in the storm. I hope that is the same for your pack?" Soran responded and asked, genuinely hoping that this pack was doing well. She had already been told that they were fairing well but she wanted to know more details about them.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread