Remnant of the Past
[html]

Words - 400+

He was no fool. He understood his situation perfectly. What he didn’t understand no matter how similar she was to luperci he had known was Amy. They no longer stood on grounds of trust. From what he knew of killers was that they were generally very logical for emotion tended to get in the way of gutting random strangers. But that was generally. Amy could be one of those special cases, the ones who could feel emotion toward those they wished too, those who complimented them or made them feel comfortable. Jaden fit into that equation. She would not have slept with him or even left him unscathed from her blades if he didn’t. So now he just needed to figure out if it would be enough. Would the relationship he had with this killer protect him from her hunting? Or would Jaden, the man who had apparently been toying with flame get burned?

It was an important question for his very life could depend on it. It was an odd feeling too. The last time he had felt the fear of death had been nearly 4 months ago: Far, far longer than any other safe-time in his life. But, to be honest, it was a feeling he found oddly comfortable. Perhaps it was a trick of his mind after so much training and so much fighting but this fear that began to speed his heart, sharpen his senses, and dull his pain held a certain power to it that wasn’t easily replicated. He watched as she still held her position, a good sign that she didn’t see fit to advance on her “prey” yet, but was surprised when she suddenly had a change of demeanor. He took note of how much of an impact being considered rude had on her and began to speculate what that might mean for the kind of killer Amy was. You and I are not like most, he said, the disdain at her rudeness purposefully set on his voice while he tried to draw a connection between them, playing on her possible connection with him. But what to do now? Every pack around mine hates you. If they were to even find out I did not attack you on sight, I would risk war. Logical appeal to avoid drawing a distinction between murder and warrior, him and her. Regardless, the message needed to be the same. He needed to leave and believe she would not come looking for him again. I cannot risk war for my family because of you, Amy. You know as well as I that we must part ways here tonight for the last time. Still he stood wearing his mask and courageous, trying to look anything but weak to this predator.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread