Remnant of the Past
She shrugged, not bothering to debate the matter. If she lived for only herself, there was only herself at risk. She didn't have to worry about the safety of others. As long as others thought that she would never have to worry. Jaden wouldn't be the one to discover how much of the dog was a lie, even to herself. A few moments passed between before she spoke, declaring what her payment would be. Her tail swayed behind her, the slightest grin on her face as she read Jaden's expression. Humiliation, that was right. He deserved that, for what he had done. He deserved to pay for losing what was hers.

His offer was so below what she had given him it was actually humiliating to have him even offer it. Baring her teeth she came closer, holding back a snarl. That's what you offer? I give you good daggers that could last years, and you offer simple wooden arrows in return? The value of items made by a smith were much higher than that of a carver! Surely he knew that. Amy reached forwards to grab at his head and twist it towards her. I told you what I want as payment. You've already submitted before. Surely you can do it again.

Messages In This Thread