this is how an angel cries.
[html]

Ksenija felt very old.

Her mind was tasked with a heavy burden, if she didn’t know what it was yet. She felt like she had lived fifty lifetimes and none of them had been good. Each more terrible and twisted then the next. It was if there was a curtain in the corner of her consciousness, fluttering in the wind. Inviting. No matter how hard she tried, how hard she laboured and thought about it, she couldn't move herself any closer to it. Her memories called to her, much like a lovers soft whisper in her ear, but were carried away on the wind. There was no hope of recovering them in this state, no matter how much she wanted too. Without realizing it, Ksenija’s eyes brimmed with tears and her breath caught in her throat. It seemed too much for one wolf to deal with.

Silently, she willed the tears down and wiped at her eyes with an injured paw subtly as her new found companion spoke.. Perhaps she had gotten some dirt in them. “ That is good to hear. “ She replied softly, her eyes trained on the ground in front of them as they made their way to the Town Hall. Damn. There was so much to learn in her new home, but she was eager when the pain cleared to absorb it all. Ksenija was in debt to Ulilohi, and she wanted to prove that once she was well she could contribute much. “ I hope there is.. I haven't eaten in.. well.. a long time I guess. “ The russian woman looked at herself again and winced, all that she was bones and skin. Even if there was a lot of food there, she would only be able to eat the smallest bit or risk retching it up shortly after consuming it.

Saqui. That was a pretty name. The woman beside her was very pretty, chocolate coated with darker patches and striking blue eyes, much like her own. She was attractive, and Ksenija felt a pang in her heart that was almost painful. It must mean that she had once held the affections of a lover once. Sadly she looked at the ground again, noting that they were close to the Town Hall. “ My name is Ksenija. I had a last name but I can’t remember it. I don’t remember anything prior to coming here, to be honest. “ She said quietly, punctuating her words with a heavy sigh.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread