Day-dream Eyes
[html]
Helotes Lykoi

Out of character here.

Word Count → 415

Valkyrie seemed to be as happy to see him as he her, which was somewhat surprising considering their awkward past. But he did consider her a friend, though they did not see each other too often, so each meeting was a treat. She was one of the more beautiful and shapely of the females in Inferni, even dressing herself provocatively, whether that be a conscious decision or not, he did not know. Either way, the Lykoi male always found himself to be in a good mood when in the company of the lovely girl, and he took the hand he was grasping and wrapped it around his arm and began to walk along the beach as she spoke, something that the two of them had done before.

Helotes listened politely to her as she recounted her own hurricane story, how she had been lucky enough not to be flooded out, but how food had been in short supply. He nodded, Yeah, some of the foodstuffs did get destroyed, but we’re building it back up. If you even need anything, let me know ok? He smiled at her then; Helotes was a lot of things, one of them being generous. They were all lucky to live in Inferni, such a prosperous clan, that there was no reason to resort to baser instincts like scavenging and fighting over scraps; there was plenty to go around.

Val then asked about his horses, mentioning that her own had been acting a little strangely after the storm; Helotes assumed it was because she was still spooked. Potra and Yegua are fine, I managed to let them loose before any damage happened to the mansion’s stable. They turned up after the storm had died down; dirty but no worse for wear. Maybe Freya should spend some time with them, I find that horses always recover better in the company of others. Maybe he could ask Freya what was bothering her too, it might be easier to her to open up to a neutral party.

They walked in silence for a moment, then Helotes looked over at Valkyrie, I’m sure you’ve heard that Zana is gone. Not sure what happened to her. Now that the kids are getting older, I’m starting to realize that once they’re gone, I’ll be a lonely bachelor again. He laughed slightly at this, So… I was wondering if maybe, you’d want spend some time with me… He tried to make this question sound as un-awkward as possible.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Condensed);
.helprize {background-color:#a8491c; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2e1d15; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/x8Jxp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; border:#6a2e12 2px solid; margin:0 auto;}
.helprize p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px}
.helprize b {color:#facc98; text-shadow:#2e1d15 1px 1px 2px;}
.helprize b:before {content:open-quote;}
.helprize b:after {content:close-quote;}
.helprize .input {margin:0px 10px 5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LkO0W.png); padding:5px 10px; border:#6a2e12 1px dashed;}
.helprize .wc {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #facc98; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 15px}
.helprize .ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.helprize .name {text-align:right; margin:15px; font-size:60px; font-family:'Stint Ultra Condensed', georgia, serif; text-shadow:#2e1d15 1px 1px 2px; color:#facc98;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread