If You Give A Horse A Carrot
[html]

With the sudden interruption of the fighting stallions, Kenna barely had the time to get excited over the extended offer Eclipse had made to teach her archery. But upon her return that excitement began to show in the form of a grin and her perked ears. It had always been a skill she wished she possessed. Kenna was really only good with a knife in close combat, she didn't have any kind of knowledge regarding ranged weapons. It would be good for her to learn how to shoot. It would help her when out hunting if she wanted to capture something at a distance. When using a knife, she had to get in real close or otherwise set traps which at times wasn't an easy task. As the cowfgirl caught her breath again, she chuckled at the younger woman's compliment. "Wow that was amazing." Kenna waved a paw dismissively. "Ah, it was nothing really. I've broken up worse fights..." She smiled then as Eclipse told her about her own horses.

The hybrid woman's blue gaze returned to the herd out in the corral as her pack mate spoke. She spied the two horses referred to and nodded. "Colt's a handsome fella...I bet he'll grow up to be a real stud." She grinned. "Mom's beautiful too. Grace is a fitting name." She sighed softly, content for the moment to just look out at the colorful herd. Kenna's passion was for all things horses, she'd grown up, lived, hell, practically even breathed horses all her life. She knew just about everything there was to know about them. "It takes someone who ain't afraid of them to handle horses right." She shrugged lightly and repositioned against the fence."Even though you might be smaller in size, you have to be bigger in attitude. Horses will listen to ya, but you have to give 'em a reason to respect you. You have to make them see you are not just a part of the herd, but the leader of it."

Kenna could talk about horses all day every day, so when her company spoke up again with another offer, the collie couldn't refuse. "I tell you what, you teach me how to handle horses and I can teach you a bit of archery. I only have my mare, and she's as docile as ever." Kenna enthusiastically nodded. "I'd love to teach ya!" She exclaimed happily, her excitement obvious. She'd never really taught anyone else her skills with horses, but she was damn willing to give it a try. With her tail wagging behind her, Kenna held out a paw to Eclipse to sort of seal the arrangement. "You got yourself a deal ma'am." She laughed softly with a dip of her head, ears swiveling as one of the horses responded to the sound with a neigh. "We should set up a time for lessons. I usually find it best to get started with horses early to mid morning. I hope you don't mind risin' with the sun?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow in question. "As for learning to shoot, I'm open pretty much everyday, all afternoon and evening. What's a good time for you?" Kenna's tail continued to sway as she respectfully held the gaze of the younger female.

It made the cowgirl glad to know she was starting to make friends now that she was getting over the 'newbie' awkwardness since joining Cercatori d'Arte. It was a plus to her that she was able to bond with her pack mates through something she already loved and knew about. It seemed horses were great conversation starters. It was too bad she hadn't thought of it sooner.

<style>
.kfox {
border:1px solid #000000;
background-image:url(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... atab2x.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
width:500px;
margin:0 auto 5px auto;
padding:206px 0 0 0;
}
.kfox .inside {
height:370px;