>>cheer up
[html]

That's wonderful!

At the sounds of footsteps, Mayflower's heart gave a sudden, fearful lurch. Had someone heard her playing? The only other she had played around was her brother, well.. the only living other. Mayflower scrambled about a bit, stumbling before regaining balance. "W-what?" she stuttered, stumbling to pick up her wooden flute from the ground where she'd dropped it in her fretful, squirrel-like actions. "I-I suppose," she murmured, holding the ecentrically carved instrument to her rubbery lips, parting them slightly to blow into the instrument.

Nimble fingers worked across the keys, a smile curling across her muzzle as she did so, eyes closing to slints as she played. Notes she'd so often played came out in bright staccatos, coming from a rather high octave. After a minute of playing quick-paced improvised music she began to play slurs and such, accenting a note every once in awhile as she saw fit. Holding out a final, somewhat sharp-sounding note, Mayflower brought down her instrument, blinking open amber eyes surrounded by deep carmel patches, merle-blue ears raising slightly.

"Thanks for listening, it's not often someone appreciates my playing," she whispered in a voice that was as high as the notes she was playing, her head lowering bashfully. Fingers of her right hand wrapped around the middle of her flute, the other adjusting the familiar cloack of her deceased mother at her shoulders. The canine glanced down at her flute, a grin still stretched across her alabaster maw, dark and light pink hued nose twitching slightly. "I don't think I know who you are though, sorry," she continued in her same, quiet voice that was barely able to be heard by even the keenist canine ears.

Mayflower

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; color:#07152A; font-family: "monotype corsiva", sans-serif; text-shadow:#AAAEB5 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#14233A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#3D4858; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAAEB5; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C4C9D0; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #14233A; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread