So long
[html]

WORDCOUNT:: 545 (+5)
Emotional wreck, she is. Made use of Cody's pNPC status here, too. All three are in Optime form. I just found out about Lena with this, btw. x: MY BABY!

The call of her friend, her sister, so mournful and sad, was enough to pull her away from her work. She'd buried herself in it, trying to forget all about the horrible things that had happened to the one place she felt was fully hers. The clinic. It was a mess, but with the pack's help, they'd gotten a lot of it cleaned up. The rest of the task fell upon her and Shawchert, though she was delighted when Cody came to offer them some help. She hadn't seen much of her son and daughter lately. They'd been so busy with their new rank, it was hard to keep track of them anymore.

He didn't come bearing good news, though. "Mom," He'd said, voice flat with controlled pain. "Lena's leaving New Dawn." His words had stricken her hard enough to stop her cold. Shawchert turned to look, torn ears perking and blue eyes snapping to Sky in concern. She stood there, frozen in time for a moment... then smiled softly. She opened her mouth to speak again, but that was when Drin's call sounded out nearby. She turned to hear it and Cody growled softly. "That would be them." Palaydrin was leaving too? What of Jiva? Leaf?

She glanced once at Shawchert and then darted outside, not bothering to shift down from her optime form. Cody and Shawchert hurried along behind her, though the younger kept pace with the crippled elder, not looking forward to any of it. Sky didn't pause. She darted over but stopped beside Zalen, ears disappearing behind short hair, true sorrow written on her face. She whined sharply as Zalen lifted his voice in goodbye and she lost it. Two of her closest friends and apparently her daughter, leaving. The alpha's call was just an added blow.

Shawchert and Cody arrived just in time to catch Sky, who, nearing her season, was a victim to her emotions. She howled out in grief, though the sound was more like a cry. She turned away from it all, pushing her face into Shawchert's chest and refusing to watch them go. It wouldn't have been so bad, had she not have suffered through so much stress already.

Cody noticed Lena as she arrived. With a soft growl, he nudged his mother slightly to gain her attention. The wolfdog peered out and upon seeing her daughter, ready and willing to leave, she found her nerve again. "Lena Rhiannon." She spoke sternly, approaching the girl with steady steps and upon reaching her, pulling her into a tight hug. It wasn't all love and daisies, though. As long as Lena didn't pull away, she had a few words to say to her daughter. "Where are you going? Why didn't you talk to me first?" She murmured, obviously hurt at the surprise but otherwise not as angry as she could've been. She just wanted to know why. She pulled back, holding the girl's shoulder in one hand and using the other to gently brush her hair away from her face. "I'll not let you go unless I know where to visit." She stated firmly, her voice on the brink of tears again as she looked at her daughter's face, how grown up she'd become.

Sky Rhiannon

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:30px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#443521; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#443521; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#dfcab2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bZedA.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; border:1px solid #dfcab2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3712; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:470px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:472px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread