So long
[html]

OOC: No posting order from here on out as this has turned into somewhat of an informal pack thread and there are little mini conversations everywhere. Image © Nat // WC: 794

Gomenasai till the end
I never needed a friend, like I do now.

The bitter-laden howl that returned her song of heartfelt goodbyes felt like a slap in the face. Tharin, her brother, her friend...how could he so easily deny the love in her voice and shame her with his defiance. She and her mate weren’t betraying the pack, they simply no longer belonged here. This was something Zalen understood, and perhaps his mind was the only one that mattered. The golden fae shook her head sadly and closed her eyes, opening she squeezed Jiva’s hand hard. A fiery resolve remained in her eyes. This disillusioned mind set turning her friend more feral than good was simply another reason why they couldn’t stay. They were no longer like-minded and having the ability to become cold within a second was nothing that resembled pack or family. His reaction only beat the same chord of horror within the woman’s heart. All things pack, all things honor and love...this wasn’t it at all. No, those sentiments were being replaced by wildness...and this wasn’t the life she wanted to live. If her brothers and sisters wanted to beat their chests, tear out their hair, and stomp their feet on team misunderstanding, than they could go for it. All that mattered was truth, and if they had maturity and pushed their stubbornness aside, they would’ve gotten their answer for the lover’s seemingly “abandonment.”

I’ve given them everything.

The woman that rushed down the hill of gathering observers surprised Palaydrian and completely caught her off guard. The smile forming on her lips couldn’t be hidden now, as an odd feeling of relief washed over her. Here was Adonia, the she wolf Drin couldn’t possibly begin to forgive or even trust until her mourning for Titania had been put to rest and yet, the girl was pouring her heart out to her. Sure Drin had defended her from the badger and taken care of her cuts by the lake, but if Leaf hadn’t been there, the angel would’ve remained cold and indifferent, chastising her for her foolishness when she carried the gift of life in her belly. However, today the chip on her shoulder began to crack, it could’ve been because they were leaving, or maybe the fact that love was coming in a form she would’ve never seen it manifesting. Her hands seemed to have a mind of their own as they reached out for the expecting woman on the verge of tears. That’s what p-...sisters do... her voice felt choked, was she really about to cry? What was this feeling? Why now of all times did she even want to hug this woman...the “other” woman to Titania? She angrily wiped a tear that threatened to fall from her eye, before clearing her throat. I’m afraid so. We don’t fit in here anymore, she said softly. The call for more humanistic ways has been beckoning us for some time now, and the hurricane...well it was like a sign from Luna. Destroying everything that tied us to these lands. With heavy hearts we leave our friends and family behind, but please know Adonia... the hard-to-swallow feeling was returning, I forgive you.

This is my first step towards healing.

She didn’t think the woman would understand, or maybe she would, but Drin immediately felt lighter, turning her attention to the sleeping kit and allowing the hybrid to touch him if she wanted to. I won’t be a stranger to New Dawn, and though I’m sure some would protest to my visiting, she cast her view up to the hill and gave a comic eye roll, I promise you’ll see him again someday....bigger and stronger than he is now. Zalen’s howl now filled the air, warming her heart with his blessing in the wind. She knew the dark king wouldn’t come down, and perhaps that was best. Saying goodbye to the first face she had met the other night had been hard enough. Her eyes cast to the dark optime lingering nearby. Lena? She inquired softly, but suddenly there was more commotion on the ledge as Shawchert, Sky, and Cody appeared. Drin cast her questioning gaze to her mate. What do you think is happening up there? She asked, though it was fairly clear why Lena chose to stand on two legs instead of four. She’d be going with them. The panic and extreme sadness radiating off of Sky broke Palaydrian’s heart, she quickly strode up the hill to be by her friend ready to offer support where she could give it, but this was between the medic and her daughter.

J makes smexy tables with Nat art! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.Drinleaf {padding:20px;}
.Drinleaf table{width:250px; text-align:right; font-style:italic; float:right; margin:10px;}
.Drinleaf .ooc{line-height:1.2em; color:#362219;}
.Drinleaf img{width:400px; float:left;}
.Drinleaf p {line-height:1.2em; color:#000000;}
.Drinleaf .magix {color:#604773; font-style:bold; font-size:20px;text-shadow:#7A6ADE 2px 2px 2px;}
.Drinleaf b{color:#604773;text-shadow:#7A6ADE 2px 2px 2px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread