So long
[html]

WORDCOUNT:: 406 (+4)
Yup.

Sky stared hard at her daughter, ignoring the rest as the blind girl explained. Vinatta. That was one of the newer packs. Blue eyes glanced over at Drin and Jiva and for a moment, she scorned them both. However, it faded just as quickly as it came and she looked back to her daughter and with a heavy sigh, accepted it. "...you're all grown up." She whispered at first, then with a stronger voice, continued.

"Go. Live your life. Find love and happiness where ever you go, baby. Show the world how strong you are." She praised, smiling despite the tears in her eyes. "Make me proud, okay?" The promise to visit remained unspoken but as clear as day to anyone. She pulled the girl into another tight hug and shakily sighed into black fur, eyes clenched tight. When she pulled back again, she held the girl by the shoulders at arm's length.

"Remember everything I taught you. Stay safe. Make weakness into Strength." She recited, well taught to her daughter by now. "Remember your family and above all else, survive." She brushed that hair back again and in a moment of silence, looked her daughter over. "...I love you, baby. Go live your life." And with that, she'd let her go. Shawchert shuffled up behind the sad mother and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, which Sky leaned into but did not turn away this time.

Blue eyes turned to Jiva and Drin and in that gaze, a silent plea. Watch over my baby. Keep her safe. Don't let anything happen to her. At the same time, though, she knew her daughter. She knew how well she'd taken to the tough life she'd grown up knowing and she knew the blind girl was as strong and sure-footed as her brother and that was impressive compared to the usual yearling.

Cody dropped his pride just as Sky stepped away and despite his cool demeanor and attitude, the boy came over to hug his sister, their shared language used to say goodbye, sharing love and wishing her well on her travels. When he too stepped back, his features were stiff and tense. Sky reached to rest her hand on her son's shoulder as Shaw was for her and the little family would allow their blind lady to turn away and leave. They would see each other again, and so, they would survive.

Sky Rhiannon

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:30px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#443521; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#443521; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#dfcab2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bZedA.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; border:1px solid #dfcab2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3712; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:470px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:472px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread