The Sound of a Heartbeat
Everly tried to maintain an air of quiet composure as she looked over the pale newcomer. Immediately noticeable were his mismatched eyes, pale beside dark, when they weren't looking at the ground. There seemed to be no such dichotomy in the rest of him, besides the contrast of long fur paired with his short mane. His build indicated power and strength, and the Kunikoti who had come to greet him was curious to see it in action, but she could hardly ask him to run laps or do push-ups to satisfy her curiousity. It was clear that he was strong and healthy, and that was good enough.

His posture was submissive, appropriate to the situation, but there was still an air of assertiveness about the man, a self-assurance which seemed to instill more confidence in Everly, too. Her question was answered swiftly and directly, the response she had expected. What she hadn't quite expected was the moniker on the end - Madam. It was enough to make an eyebrow quirk and a faint chuckle tumble from her lips before she cleared her throat and composed herself again, her eyes apologetic. After all, she hadn't offered him an actual name, and Ev could hardly object to a term which denoted respect. ”Sorry, I'm not quite used to that one yet. Please, call me Everly.”

The breeze picked up for a moment to sweep a section of rich brown fringe over the pair of sunflower eyes and their owner tossed it away. “I'm quite new to AniWaya myself,” she explained, gesturing to the claimed lands around them. “What sort of skills could you contribute to the pack?” The ginger-tinted wolf's physical strength seemed evident, but Everly was equally intrigued by things which might not be so obvious. Her gaze rested on the bag at the stranger's shoulder, the more delicately built wolf leaning forward a fraction unconsciously, as if that tiny shift in her stance might reveal what lay within. She didn't inquire further as to the bag's contents; the Kunikoti shifted her weight back to stand squarely once more, feet slightly apart, waiting with a smile for the male's response.

(359 words)

Messages In This Thread