The Sound of a Heartbeat
OOC: Leader pleaase? Big Grin (I think you can edit that into the thread title?)

IC:
“Raphael.” The syllables flowed as easily as the breeze through the fine strands of varying browns and blondes which covered Everly's form. It invoked an inexplicable sense of elegance in the healer's mind. Raphael spoke elegantly, confidently, and Everly tried her best to match those traits within her own utterance of the name. Three syllables, the same as her own name, yet they seemed to run together with less friction. Raphael's words seemed near as smooth as his name.

“Do you have a surname?” The siamese AniWayan blurted, curious to see if the pale man's family name matched the one which made him an individual. Of course, an individual was far more than just their name – a wolf called Fluffy could rip someone's throat out as easily as a wolf called Fang, but names interested the sunny-eyed woman all the same.

Deeds and thoughts, responses and attitudes would form the bulk of someone's individuality as Everly saw it, and sometimes hints could be seen in what someone chose to do with their time. Everly managed to keep her eyes fairly neutral at the mention of weapons, willing away unwanted images from the past, but her toes dug into the ground slightly, as if to keep her rooted in the present.

Raphael spoke of experience in healing too and Everly snapped into attentiveness, her head tilting and her face brightening. “It seems we share a specialty. My rank's Kunikoti, a healer rank.” In the wake of the hurricane Everly knew an extra pair of healing hands couldn't have hurt, but she was still mindful of her newness to the pack, her rank. “I'll call a leader for you,” the she-wolf added brightly. Her head tilted back, one hand cupped beside her mouth as an unwavering note spread over the territory, requesting the presence of a more senior pack member.

(313 words)

Messages In This Thread