The Corsage of Love and Liberty
[html]

Shiloh suppressed another sigh of relief as the girl nodded that she was okay, and she wrapped a slender arm around the collie once she stood. With a little pull, she encouraged her to step past the borders. “You’re my guest here, for as long as you want,” she said firmly; she didn’t think her brother would have an issue with that under these circumstances. It would also make her feel safer to be on the other side of the scent markers, even if any fool who attacked them now would have the whole pack howling on their heels even this close to Vinátta.

Whether or not she succeeded in bringing the girl over, the white she-wolf stepped into the pack territory and looked at her, her ears tipping down against her blonde hair after a moment of silence. “I’m sorry,” she stated, unexpected guilt weighing down her conscience. “I… I don’t know if he would have said those things to you if I hadn’t been present. Apparently Vinátta has bad blood with their collective, but I’m so new here that I didn’t know, and that probably didn’t help his attitude.” She wanted to hope that the grey wolf had only harassed Jordyn so darkly because of her association with the Dawnbringer, only because it might mean that all of Sangi’lak wasn’t so insane.

Shiloh shook her head. “Like I said, though, you’re safe here—and you can stay for as long as you want.” She bit her lip in a single girlish moment before trying to smooth her expression, resisting the urge to add “Maybe even forever.” She didn’t know if Jordyn had other plans in Nova Scotia, if joining a pack was one of them. She wanted to extend the courtesy to stay at least until she recovered from whatever psychological wounds the encounter could have caused.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug30 b {color:#5f671d; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #f1e4de; font-family:georgia;}
.freebaug30 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug30 {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#f9f9f9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ebt7e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605b58; padding: 5px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:verdana, san-serif; font-size:11px; color:#80321c; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
+309
[/html]

Messages In This Thread