The Corsage of Love and Liberty
[html]
Shiloh throws a tantrum. xD

The dark-furred girl remained quiet in response to the white she-wolf’s encouraging words, but Shiloh didn’t press her and didn’t mind the silence. She used it to think, her forehead furrowing contemplatively until she realized she was doing it and made an effort to keep her brow smooth. She took a deep breath, snatching one last glance at Jordyn in worry until the grey-and-tawny figure of her brother came into view. She fidgeted anxiously with a strand of blonde hair as he shifted, picking up on her jittery demeanor and questioning her. Even with those being the first words out of his mouth, the Virding found the time to flash a smile at the newcomer, who smiled back.

Jordyn concisely explained what happened, and Shiloh could feel herself bristling all over again. She’d been as polite as she could be throughout the dangerous encounter, but now her true emotions came out; anger sharpened her features and caused her to puff up slightly, a warrior of wrath. She wanted to lash out at something or cling to her brother until the emotions went away, but she controlled herself for the girl’s sake, not wanting to frighten her.

“Unprovoked,” the Dawnbringer spat, her voice a far cry from the soft cooing it had been with Jordyn or the tight courtesy she’d forced at the Sangi’lak monster. “The girl was playing a song, and I greeted her, and that brute showed up and threatened us: me because I was a Vináttan, her because she was a dog.” She gestured feebly to show the sheer ridiculousness of this last prejudice. “When we ran, though, he didn’t press an attack; neither one of is hurt. If I had my staff with me…”

She remembered herself, growled softly, smoothed her fur down, and glanced sidelong at Jordyn. “This little thing was brave though, Saul. We can—we can give her a home, right?”

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug30 b {color:#5f671d; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #f1e4de; font-family:georgia;}
.freebaug30 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug30 {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#f9f9f9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ebt7e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605b58; padding: 5px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:verdana, san-serif; font-size:11px; color:#80321c; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
+317
[/html]

Messages In This Thread