Illiterate Life
[html]
out of character: Sorry about such a long wait... x.x

With his braced smile, he heard her words with only one ear. Helios felt she would know that he could hardly read. Hearing her poor joke, he barked out a tense laugh that sounded more like a choke when he finished. Grinning still, though more nervously, he listened to her greeting. He was glad to be welcomed but he felt his side of the conversation was lacking and he groaned inwardly due to it. Where was his chattiness that followed him endlessly? That trait seemed to have disappeared into some dark corner of his mind as he bowed his head slightly. Then, her question towards the book made his heart jump into his throat. The title? He didn't know what the title was. He had simply looked at the blank cover that seemed to convey some illusion of simplicity.

Shit. He stated internally, feeling his insides clench. "Oh, it has a title. Somewhere." Grasping the book, he opened the front cover and stared blankly at the page and words that were printed inside. Squinting, he could make out a few words but not much else. The words he did know didn't seem to make a conclusive title and he put the put the book back down and chewed on what he was going to say next. Though her stare was not convicting at all, Helios felt himself grow hot under it as if she were judging him. Finally, angry and bent out of proportion from his anxiety, snapped out, "Fine, I can't read, you caught me." His voice was hot and he crossed his arms, pouting like a misbegotten child. The outburst only mended his previous embarrassment briefly when it was replaced by the shame of acting so childishly to someone who had asked a simple question.

<style type="text/css">
.heliraz .space {width:200px; height:300px; float:left;}
.heliraz b {color:#866f71; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.heliraz p {text-indent:0px; padding:7px 20px; margin:0px;}
.heliraz {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#160000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aeT8y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:105px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread