nature of things
[html]

yay for thorn/isabella winning sexiest couple.

The rat hadn't struggled much. A little flail here and there and then it had went painfully still. Memphis didn't know much, she still had a lot to learn about almost everything but she did know from experience that most critters did a lot of struggling when they were being bit. The little wolfdog couldn't make a connection between illness and the lack of struggling but the oddness of the situation was one of the reasons she had spit the rat on the ground. Licking the blood from her chin and paws she tipped her head at her adoptive family, wondering why Kaoru looked so funny and her Mama looked almost pained to see her bold, big girl catch. Staring at the dead rodent she blinked, phantom movements from its legs making her tip her head.

Hares. Sweet, fat hares. The words rumbled in Memphis' mind and then made her stomach do the same. She was really proud of what she caught but she knew the hare meat would be even better. Perhaps it was a little bit of a comfort that she was able to catch something on her own without adult help. "I want hare. Mama don't throw the rat away. I'm brave catching it. Aren't I Mama? Aniichan?" She glanced from the rat to each relative, big green eyes pleading for some sort of validation. True she hadn't battled life and death to catch it but this was a milestone in her life that she didn't want to forget. Without eating the rat a tiny, primal part of her would forget this day. Sniffing the air she licked her chops again and gave a little sigh, that hair smelled amazing.

Parking her rump on the ground near the fire pit Memphis listened to the spitting of the fire and wondered as puppies often do, what existed beyond her immediate line of vision. A genuine idea came upon her then and she perked up. Quickly looking to Isabella, pretty pretty Isabella, she quickly spoke. "Kitty can have the rat. I watched her kill a rat, tried lots of times and then I killed one. She can eat this one." Self-satisfied with her amazing revelation she turned back to the fire getting as close as she could to the cooking meat without getting burned.

<style>
.memphis-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.memphis-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:475px;}
.memphis-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.memphis-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.memphis-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread