Lost in your own Home
[html]

Lyris Stryder
You belong to me,

My snow white queen

Form :: Lupus [Required]

No words were exchanged. Not even a slight pause of emotion was given. It was simply a kind whine and an almost undetectable raise of a slender head, but Lyris got the message. Eyes fell instantly to the lightly-colored paws of the Issor, and papery ears pulled back in embarrassment. It was nothing hugely wrong- it wasn't even a scolding. But the usually quiet, female wolf was not at all use to letting her ecstatic eagerness get in the way of tradition and formality. Stupid, stupid, stupid. She almost beat herself up over it- to others, it was simply the small flick of a pesky fly. To her, it was the earth shaking beneath her paws and throwing her persona out of balance. No doubt she would be much more reclusive during the rest of the chat, if that was even possible. The easing sound that seeped from X'yrin's throat did little to comfort her, though her eyes did raise a millimeter amount. At least her superior somewhat understood, right? Yes, of course.

Now she forced herself to ease up and listen. The world wasn't going to end because of a small slip-up, right? It was okay. Just learn from it. Yes, it was good. Now that her internal drama was taken care of, the she could loosen out her muscles and raise her eyes to shins, though she kept her ears firmly back in recognition of her mistake.

At the single word, Lyris was off. She had been waiting to move- to try and get her legs to run right and her body to move straight. Forget the headache, ignore the itching paws, and all would melt back to a normal gait. She only half-succeeded- the pulsing behind her eyes was becoming more cruel. But Lyris was more comfortable than she had been in days. With somebody to take care of the directional part of the movement, she could simply run. It was almost as good as a good, long rest. Almost.

As the figure of X'yrin approached and pulled back, Lyris would pull up faster and sprint quicker, meeting the woman half-way. Eyes glittered kindly, glad to have a some sort of play to occupy her with. Sometimes a soft, nearly inaudible bark would cascade from her jaws in an almost-laugh. Other times a faint, half-smile would play at the corners of her lips.

Before too long it was over. Wet, slick rock soothed her paw pads while salty ocean air tugged playfully at her sugar-white fur. The youth pulled into a slow trot, never losing sight of the Issor's neon-colored locks.

Looping around the odd formation, evergreen eyes instantly sparked with a light kindled by curiosity. A cave? She had never been inside one of the mysterious, echoing stone pockets. And she was eager to see inside. Images of ebony rock and running water dark as a black snake, twisting through stone formations filled her mind. The slight figure of the female nearly started leaning towards the yawning hole, but she forced herself to pull back and stand still. Instead, she focused on the older female's question.

Yes. She had seen the dark clouds of a hurricane fill the sky and blot out the sun. She had seen the terrible, menacing form of a hideous grizzly bear block the bright star. She had felt the exhaustion of traveling for days, and watch the sun fade to black as she fell to the forest floor, unconscious, only to find the light the next morning. But Lyris didn't think this is what she meant, nor what she wanted to hear. So she answered differently. "No, I cannot say that I have, my Shepard."

Word count :: 615 | OOC :: Oh my! :o - And I'm sorry for the delay~

There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.

Soon I know you'll see, you're just like me.

My snow white queen...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread