Lost in your own Home
[html]

Lyris Stryder
You belong to me,

My snow white queen

Form :: Lupus

"Jewels..." It was fitting, though for her, it might have been a bit too... petty sounding, perhaps? These stones were a thing of unmatched beauty, and she expected a unique name. Not that jewels wasn't unique... it just didn't quite reach that far. But perhaps she was over thinking things again. Shaking her head to blow off any clinging thoughts, the female turned on her hips and began walking astride the far cave wall, slender muzzle tipped back to point a gray nose at the ceiling. Nestled in the ebony rock above, the Prospective could easily view them as stars. Her trot slowed to a cease, and evergreen eyes continued to study above. In an attempt to find the small gems as stars, Lyris let the cave around her melt, imagining it simply crumble to the earth. A phantom breeze played on her pelt, and the towering shadows of trees shot from the ground around her alabaster figure. Yes, these could definitely be stars.

All too soon, the cave regenerated itself and the wind was cut off, stopped by the thick walls of rock now circling her. A small sigh escaped her throat. She almost yearned for the imaginary nighttime sky she had envisioned- it had been wonderful. But for now, she would explore the cave a bit more.

The mineral-tinged air was agitating her headache again, pulling it farther out of its hibernation as if attached by an invisible line. Lyris's strides slowed to a complete stop at one point, the pain to much for her too walk straight without drawing attention to X'yrin. She wanted to explore more, but this would have to wait. Another day- when her illness had passed and she had become her regular self again.

For a while, she simply blinked ahead, studying a small- quartz, was it?- as she pondered the autumn female's question. What did she make of them?

Her head turned to X'yrin, and green eyes flashed for a moment in the brightness outside. Humbly resting her gaze on the smooth floor, her jowls opened to utter an answer. "They are otherworldly."

Word count :: 458 | OOC :: --

There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.

Soon I know you'll see, you're just like me.

My snow white queen...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread