you know you left your mark
[html]
OOC stuff here....

She arrived, her posture neutral. He had eased into a sitting position, knowing she followed the customs of the New Dawn pack and traveled on four paws, and not two. She looked him over, and he returned her gaze measure for measure, his hands resting on his knees, his legs crossed under him. Her short tone made his ears twitch, his own voice strained with the attempt to be civilized.

"Myrddin was fine. He got out of the house before it was destroyed." A haunted look was in his eyes, but he didn't continue on that line of speech, didn't tell her he'd been trapped for three days before Skye had braved the storm, risking her life, to rescue him from the rubble of his home. "I came to be sure that my family here was alright. Spoke to Soran last night, she said my mother is missing, and seems to have vanished before the hurricane. Are Cody and Lena okay? How about Noah and Fayne?"

His tail had curled around him, his hands absently picking out burrs and bits of dried leaves from the creamy white fur. He picked at a knot, not looking at her. Images of the last time they'd spoken were playing in his mind, reminding him how much like his bastard father he was at times. Guilt rose in him, not for the first time, and he swallowed it back. He wouldn't mention it, not if she didn't. And given the cold reception she gave him, she wouldn't mention it. (Unless it was to threaten to make him a eunuch.)

<style type="text/css">
.talleftmark b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1bfd7;}
.talleftmark p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.talleftmark {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/e7feid.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 140px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

Messages In This Thread