you know you left your mark
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/faVvr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

WORDCOUNT: 430 (+4)

She felt herself relaxing as he spoke. She'd come to know Noah as a brother and the kids loved him. He'd been a great help for her when she'd been making the clinic, watching her two wild children and giving them the loving father figured they'd needed, where she could not spare the same soft, gentle affection. It wasn't in her, to. She could play, train, teach, nurture- but Lena and Cody had missed out on those tender moments- so few. She had trailed off in thought, but she caught the name Colibri and smiled, listing again. "Mention Colibri to Lena. I'm sure she'd love to meet more of the family." She noted, her tail twitching.

He went on to speak of Myrddin and she listened with perked ears. Her little healer! She smiled, despite the tear between them now. "He's got a good mix of healing blood in 'im. He'll outshine us both in that field." She commented in agreement, offering a laugh at how silly it sounded- how corny. Her smile fell at the mention of lost supplies and she looked away in thought. The mention of Soran brought her back to him, her expression turning sombered. Deuce. "...I don't know." She admitted, sounding frustrated over it.

"Noah spoke to me about it. I don't know what to do about it, after what happened with Titania. If the Alphess herself is to be abandoned, what of an unrelated elder?" Sky's voice was bitter, eyes becoming cold. After a moment, it softened again. "We're all worried for her. She does know how to take care of herself, though, and she's always had a rogue's paw." It was wishful thinking. Sky was terrified for the woman. Deuce had become that mother figure where she'd had none in her life. Like Noah, Deuce was family. Just like Titania was. She feared the loss of yet another family member, into the unknown where she dared not tread at risk of punishment. It was strict and forbading, but the pack was home, family and the good outweighed the bad by far.

...but lately, the days were seeming dim and gray. She craved that freedom deep down and the temptation to leave could pull her to the borders, but never beyond. Her life as a rogue had given her that same Rogue's Paw, but her love for her family held her rooted. The risk of leaving them alone, unforgivable. If only she could find another way- eyes outside of the pack. Her mind started buzzing, thoughts of herbs a distant memory.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread