you know you left your mark
((Posting from my phone, no table.))

His ears fell as she spoke, admitting she didn't know where Deuce was. He had hoped that maybe his mother was off sulking, maybe. Or even that she'd made her way to Halifax to hide a drinking binge from the pack. Not that he thought his mother was drinking again, but it was a thought. Maybe... Again the fear of something happening to his mother came to him.

He dropped his head, his shoulders slumping. Sky was right. If New Dawn could abandon the alphas mate, they would certainly dismiss Deuces disappearance as being unworthy of note. He had help, though. He was the right hand man in D'Arte. He could get the traders to watch for the Rhiannon matriarch. He could inform Jazper, Jaz could keep the Cavlerites looking too. Anger rose in him as he realized that those two packs alone would care more than his mother's own pack. "I'll stay tonight, and leave tomorrow. I need to tell Jaz so he can make his pack look. I'll get D'Arte looking. We'll find mother, even if the pack she chose doesn't care about her enough to look."

He swallowed a lump back as his tone softened. "You are right, Rhiannon has always guided her paws and kept her safe. This time won't be any different. "

Messages In This Thread