[p] a foot in the door
[html]

this is me

While she was glad that she had caught him off guard, it was funner when he started to play right along with the game that was becoming exceedingly hard to act out without flashing an involuntarily grin or becoming impatient. She felt his toes brush against her legs, and she turned her head upwards as he went along with the pretense and rhetorically asked her why else she would be on his lawn. "I could have been waiting on you, and I have been sitting here all day long for you," she said thoughtfully, having to keep her lips downcast or else they would upturn. How cheesy would that have been, if she had the attention span and drive to sit still for so long. Maybe she would have done it, in reality, maybe she would not have. Whatever the case, she could possibly tease him with it.

She thought she felt a motion made towards her, but it was only until she had jumped onto her feet, bursting the nonchalant bubble, did she truly notice it. But, the thought did not linger long on her mind as she leaped at Temeraire, and felt his arms secure her into place as she wrapped her own around his neck. She settled her head into the crook of his neck, being too short to reach anywhere else, and smiled to herself as he pulled them closer. "I joined just yesterday, with two other former New Dawn wolves—I told you about Palaydrian, right? She and her mate and I came here."

"Nothing happened at New Dawn, really, I just got real bored of the place. I decided, 'Why not visit the houses underground?' and thought it wouldn't hurt to live in one of them." Most of what she said was true, though the technical term was not that she was bored of New Dawn, but it sounded more impressive if she worded it like that. She stepped on the tip of her toes for a moment in excitement. "I'm a Reesan now, or something!" All the Norse—she was told that what the funny words were—confused her, and she really didn't take the time to remember them. She moved on to something more interesting than her new rank, and asked Temeraire, brushing a hand against his cheek, seeking to see what kind of expression he had, "But, how are you? Any lighter on you feet?"

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant b {font-weight:bold; color:#77b03f; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.shiningplant .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.shiningplant p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread