[p] a foot in the door
[html]

/dies from cuteness

"Oh, you don't think I would?" she prompted, trying to insert some disappointment into her voice. "Maybe I should, just to prove you wrong. Wouldn't you do the same?" Despite the fact Lena valued herself to the point of near narcissism, she did not think the boy had it in him to wait what would seem like forever—the hours in a day could lengthen at their own accord. Both the impatient sort was how she saw the two of them, and it would more likely be one seeking out the other than to purposely wait for the other to arrive. If she had known the territory well enough, perhaps she wouldn't have sat on the lawn and went out to see him herself.

It felt nice to be hugged; it seemed to be a rare treat that the sweettooth could never get enough of. Sky would often embrace her, but it was not often they would both in their Optime forms, and then everyone in New Dawn generally stayed on four paws—she couldn't even remember if she ever had a hug outside of her family. The way Temeraire's hugs felt definitely different to the blind girl than it would from Cody or her mother, and she could not place how it was different. But, she was certain that the slippery, evasive feeling was a nice one, since she did not want to pull away, if not press closer. "I'm glad she and Jiva are here, too," she agreed, thinking back to New Dawn. Homesickness pricked her, but her fingers brushing the back of his neck and his arms wrapped around her made her forget about the guilt of leaving.

She let out a small cry of light indignation as the boy stated that she had been stalking up, and squirmed when he held her closer, preventing her from giving him a nice touch of her fist. Nothing to hurt him, of course. "I didn't stalk you!" she said instead, edges of laughter and annoyance in her tone. For some reason, she felt a little chagrin to hear Temeraire say that, even if she knew he was playing. She did miss him, especially when she worried over him during the hurricane, and to hear him tease about it made her embarrassed. Not like she was ever going to admit it, being the proud girl she was, as well she the fact she was a bit... shy what he would say to that.

She did not linger long on those thoughts, and she felt his chest rumble as he corrected her. "Yeah, whatever that is." She felt the upturn of his lips, and was glad to feel his smile, and listened as he talked, feeling his face move beneath her hands. She had a quick remark to his words, something to playfully degrade him, but his head rubbed into her hand, and she did not open her mouth, allowing the moment to pass by without her big mouth ruining it. He suddenly pulled away, and momentarily confused, she felt his fingers brushing against her side, and it left her even more puzzled.

She never had been tickled before. As she felt his dance across her sides, a humorous feeling rose to her throat and tumbled as laughter, and she tried to pull away from him, even though the feeling was funny and good. "S-stop!" she hiccuped, trying to contain her laughter, and failing. "W-what're you doing?"

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant b {font-weight:bold; color:#77b03f; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.shiningplant .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.shiningplant p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread