Two of Swords
[html]

ooc: Aww, thank you hun~ <3! FYI, I had to do some minor edits to my first post due to timelines, let me know if any of it doesn't work for you. Same goes for the minor PP!

wc: 499

The siblings did not have long to wait before Cosette's voice drew someone to them. She could certainly be loud when she wanted to be. Keen eyes quickly appraised the female that approached them through the trees -- it was not the black scout or the white stick-fighter, nor did this one carry a weapon. She was not an immediate threat, and Clopin relaxed imperceptibly, letting his ice-blue eye drop back to the cards while Cosette continued to observe. She wore the same pendant as their wolf guide, Cosette noted with interest. It was definitely something to do with the pack -- good to know, in case they ever needed to infiltrate the northern pack for some reason. All they would need to pass for new members would be one of those necklaces.

The greeting came, friendly and cordial, and Cosette quickly reciprocated. "Palaydrian, sugar!" she cooed in an overly affectionate tone, waltzing fearlessly up to the stranger and moving to grasp both her hands in warm greeting. This female was a good head taller than her, as to be expected from a wolf -- although, Cosette noted with private satisfaction, lofty Clopin would easily outflank her if the need arose. "Why, I daresay you are the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen, simply radiant with those eyes of yours! Wouldn't you agree, dear brother?" She glanced back to Clopin, who knew when to nod in agreement even though he had not heard a word of her pandering. She turned back, smiling brightly at the tawny-gold female. "We wanted to learn more about this place, but we were afraid this packland was full of brutes, all savages and warrior-types! I'm so glad to see a refined lady such as yourself, sug. You are positively glowing." Cosette's dark eyes gleamed inscrutably, set in her mahogany-marked pixie face. Talking came naturally to her, the stories flowing easily even as she made them up.

The petite collie-dog stepped back a pace to perform a quick curtsey, tossing her head with a jingle of her bells. "And I haven't even introduced myself yet, shame on me! My name is Soleil, and my brother is Lune; easy to remember as the sun and the moon, of course, because I'm always sunny and he's so cold and grim," she added in a teasing tone, sticking her tongue out at Clopin. Her silvery sibling merely sighed and readjusted the mask covering half his face, dutifully shuffling the deck of cards over and over. Cosette clapped her small hands together, grinning cheerfully at the foreign wolf. "He's my best friend though, that brother of mine! I wouldn't go anywhere without him, which is why I wanted to find out if this pack would be a good fit. I was going to ask the cards, but I suppose I could just ask you, sugar." She made sure to look pointedly at the cards before scoping out the wolf's reaction -- would she be interested in a reading?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread