New Purpose
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

And then the purpose of this greeting was known before a paw touched the smoothed exterior of the base of the mountain. The carcass again fell from her maw though carefully as she purposefully lowered her head. In gradual procession the hackles rose along her back, pointed and ready as if they were the quills peeking through the thick mass of auburn mane. The smooth sweeps of her tail had become rigid twitches as the words of the Issum sank deeper in and resonated.

“Ah…” the female breathed softly, yet kept her bristled back to her fellow leader. “But we have two Lambda. A brother pair, to be exact. Surely you do not expect to bring war to the both of them… or at all.” Smoothly, she turned on her weathered pads to face the calm but angered Issum. Her own visage was void of surprise or worry, but a silent disappointment remained fixed within her eyes. Of course he would seek to attack X’ies. The inevitable was as plan as the sun rising then falling to make way for the moon in the night. But the reason behind this attack was flawed. A purely, instinctual creature could see this.

“What reason would you have to attack the Lambda?” she inquired coldly, sparing a side glance to her prey that was rapidly losing its warmth. “For an encounter that happened nearly a season ago? I am afraid that if you wish to have your war Jaden, your opportunity to assert yourself as victor was lost the instant you remained silent and let him have the final word from the beginning. Going to him now and attacking him would make you look less of a leader retaining his rite to lead, and more of a bully intending to have the final say.” And again with face placid, she turned to take hold of her precious meal again. “Please remember this, my friend. I would hate for you to follow the actions of a mind clouded from reason.”

336 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread