until we meet the moon
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/VMMjK.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

thank you c:

She calmly arranged the blanket about her, wrapping it in a way that pressed her wetter and colder torso in the area where it gathered the thickest. It was wrapped around her huddled form, with items still protected inside, much like a tent.

As her eyes flicked curiously from shadow to shadow, silhouettes soon revealed themselves to her adjusted eyes. A musing ‘hm’ thrummed in her throat as a response – much of the normalcy she saw was foreign to her; the woman was used to the swooping arches and faded gold paint of her home, or the towering ceilings of the castle she had resided in for that short while. The house boasted a different, more personal sort of allure, but one she found that the foreign charm was oddly appealing.

She thoughtfully kneaded the fabric of the cloth between two fingers, her keen eyes drifting along the dark outlines of furniture - the sofa looked particularly welcoming, and was the final reminder to her body that it should feel like lead after only two hours of rest. Before the fullness of her exhaustion could make impact like the truck it was, she was pulled from thoughts of herself, and the wandering gaze instantly flashed back to her company.

She smiled gratefully at his words; delighted to know that she was not being held to high expectations. Also, and though it was faint enough to ignore when she saw his kind grin, the worry had still been in the back of her mind that he would expect something more from her, and a far less innocent thing than wiping off a table or singing a pretty tune. Her mind had been put at ease a good deal, and the smile only grew at the mention of a wash.

“Oh ‘Arvey, if I got to rinse this muck from my fur, I fear I would be so ‘appy that I’d sing until the storm ended.” The blithe warning was far from a rejection of the offer, she even laughed lightly with her reply, already in the process of rising readily to her feet. She would probably be humming a melody even without a bath; it was her personal pleasure to make music regardless of the circumstances, and having an audience made things all the more rewarding.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread