until we meet the moon
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/VMMjK.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

She took the offered arm with all the poise of a queen, even giving a regal dip of the head, causing her dampened tresses to spill wildly over her blanketed shoulders. While rising, the black stocking of one of her feet gently nudged her possessions to the side, pushing them out of the rainwater puddle left by her sopping hide. As he led her around the house, the other hand engaged itself with fixing her mane as discreetly as possible.

Her lips parted, but she silenced the question before it had a chance to sound in her throat. As her mouth opened, it had been her intent to ask him if there were any candles to be had. Her naturally nocturnal lenses could see flawlessly, but the warm glow of even the smallest flame was an old comfort, but one that she knew to press only lightly for. Surely he was equally as tired though, there was no telling how long he had waited for her to arrive.

The woman recognized that there were few things worse than a demanding guest - better to be content with her fortunes as they were. Her lips slowly closed, the fleshy rims sealing in a gentle smile as she merely nodded, welcoming the gestures of his continuing hospitality.

The silence was held even as they approached the bathing room. She placed a hand on the doorway as they passed near, gently bracing herself against his shepherding for once, she wishing to speak before they parted.

''Ah, there is no need for you to wait on me 'Arvey, you 'ave done enough for me as it is."
Surely he wished for a bed just as much as she for a bath, and knowing herself, she would take a good while to clean before being satisfied with the condition of her coat - just the thought of claiming a bed in her current condition made her grit her teeth, but leaving him waiting left an equally unsettling twinge of selfishness.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread