There is light even where sadows lie
[html]

Word Count → 304

His eldest sibling smiled, ushering him into the kitchen. Hati couldn't quite muster a smile in return, though he obediently took his place at her side, willing to help. At least she seemed to be in a pleasant mood. "I'm always here," he answered solemnly. There was a gentle, almost pitying look in those purple eyes, and Hati looked away, feeling as though she could stare right through him. Everyone grieved in their own way. His way seemed to be avoidance. He picked up the skinned rabbit, unsure what the next step was. He should have learned more about cooking when he had the chance... He used his claws to peel off the tough sinews and silverskin, leaving the pink meat exposed. It would probably be gutted next, though he waited to see how Amaranth was preparing the second one. It was so different from hunting and eating raw; technique and presentation mattered, like a work of art. He was not much of a chef or hunter, nor had he been eating much anyway.

"I work at the stables, so... if I'm not home, that's where you'll find me. Taking care of Asagi," he added more softly. The chestnut mare was suddenly a much larger part of his life than she ever used to be. Hati didn't have a mate like Mara, or a ward like Liam, but the horse occupied that place in his heart. Asagi was his family, and the wolfdog was becoming dependent on her. He wasn't sure his relatives would understand the obsessive attachment he had developed, so he kept it to himself. The dead rabbit was cold in his hands, and he set it down on the counter with a sigh. "How are Niro and the pups doing?" he asked politely, trying to steer the conversation away from himself.

<style>
.razti-03 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ETEHb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#465177; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:335px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1d2131; font-family:times serif; font-size:15px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1d2131;}
.razti-03 b {color:#aeacae; text-shadow:#1d2131 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-03 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.razti-03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.razti-03 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #aeacae; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:11px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread