Without leaving my finger[p]rints
((Oh god, I started writing and it just wouldn't stop.))

It would be impossible for anyone to miss Rurik's heavy footsteps out here in the quiet. The huge wolfdog wasn't usually one for stealth and there was currently no reason or him to be subtle and silent, so his path through the sunflower field was marked by the steady thumps of his footsteps and the sounds of sunflower stalks cracking underfoot-- if they had already fallen-- or as he pushed against them too hard on his way past, which he tried not to do. Darting around him to investigate every tiny thing of interest was Null, the petite wolf seeming even tinier next to her giant friend. She wouldn't have been out here if not for him; she had quickly complained of being tired and having sore feet when they set out from Salsolan lands, not having really wanted to go, so Rurik had hefted her onto his back and carried her piggy-back for most of it. Null had had more fun than she cared to admit.

Now that they were here, though, she was delighted. The coffee-and-cream wolf had never seen sunflowers before, and Rurik's description of them hadn't impressed her. Sure, they were wilting now, but so many of the flowers were taller than her! Not that that was a difficult thing, but Null usually held some height over flowers at the very least. She batted at the wilting flowers playfully as she passed them, eventually knocking one of the heads off. She caught it and held it in both hands, looking thoughtful before plucking the petals off one by one, muttering under her breath as she did so.

Vhat are you doing? Rurik asked, watching her curiously. Null shrugged, plucking off another petal.

Just seeing if you love me! He loves me, he loves me not... She continued plucking the petals off and reciting her chant, ignoring Rurik's bewildered expression. He loves me not, he loves me! Aw, Rurik, I guess you do! The tiny wolf giggled, and Rurik gave a hesitant smile.

...Da? The huge wolfdog felt he was missing something important. Null grinned at him and pulled him down by his shoulders so she could lick his cheek affectionately.

It's okay Ruriksha, I love ya too. Ooh, there're some good ones over here, lookit those! They're so gross and dead lookin', check it. She continued on through the flowers, leaving an increasingly flummoxed Rurik in her wake. The huge black wolfdog shook his head and followed after his flighty companion.

Eventually, they spotted another Luperci out in the sunflowers. A female, black-coated and in between Null and Rurik in terms of height. A quick sniff of the air revealed that she was a member of New Dawn, a pack Null had never had anything to do with. Rurik might've, but he'd never mentioned it. They were both thankful for the perfumes they had doused themselves in to hide their Salsolan scent-- Null smelled pleasantly of lavender, while Rurik smelled of cinnamon and various hot spices (though both had a touch of each others scent from when Null had been carried on his back).

Null immediately fixed on a bright, friendly smile and stepped out more into the open. Meeting strangers from other packs always offered the opportunity of gaining valuable intel about Salsola's neighbors, after all. Hi! She greeted with a wave, which Rurik mimicked as he stepped beside her. You explorin' the sunflowers too?

Messages In This Thread