Without leaving my finger[p]rints
Null nodded to the larger female, the trapper certainly liked the flowers too. They were completely outside her realm of experience, almost otherworldly to the tiny wolf. It was almost like being an ant, she thought, scurrying through the grass with the plants towering over her. She would have to come back next summer and see them when they were in their prime.

Yes, I like them. They're so big! Null replied gleefully, back feet peddalling in a puppyish gesture. I've never seen this kind of flower before! I wasn't picturing something quite so tall. She gestured emphatically as she talked, making herself seem very young-- which she sort of was, being only a yearling, but there was no harm in coming across as friendlier and less calculating than she actually was. Rurik huffed with amusement as he watched her, being familiar with her habits and knowing full well that she liked to consider herself some sort of cunning mastermind despite occasionally behaving in a puppyish manner even when she wasn't putting it on. He found it amusing.

Oh, I am Null, Null Liulfr. This is Rurik Volkov, who is a big softy, so don't let his frickin' huge-ness fool you. Null introduced for the both of them, teasing him lightly with a playful barely-there shove. Rurik smiled and wagged and dipped his head, pretty much laying claim to the title of 'big softy'. Null giggled at him.

I vanted to show her ze flowers before zey faded avay. The wolfdog spoke by way of explaining their own presence, his voice a rich, rumbling baritone and his accent extremely obvious. New Dawn is ze vun zat prefers ze old vays, da? He remembered hearing some things about the pack, but it hadn't appealed much to him. He was far too fond of more human, 'sophisticated' lifestyles, as was Null. The tiny wolf nodded with him, remembering something of the pack as well.

Hm, yes. The one with the... Wolves... Doing... wolf-y things. Null waved a hand vaguely as she spoke. Rurik raised his eyebrows at her.

Zat is not wery specific. Zat could be any pack in ze area.

Except Inferni.

Except Inferni, da.

Shush, you know exactly what I mean, don't be difficult. Null waved a hand dismissively, and Rurik conceded easily. He simply blinked and dropped the subject entirely-- it was very obvious who was in charge between the two of them.

Messages In This Thread