Without leaving my finger[p]rints
((Ha! When it's late I tend to miss all the masses of typos my quick typing causes >.> turns nearly incomprehensible!))

Fishing vithout tools is not too bad, but not my fawourite. Svipe zem out vith hands or grab vith jaws, like bear. Rurik made a swiping motion with one webbed hand. Ven fish are breeding and zere are many, go under vater and grab zem as zey pass. Null wrinkled her nose at the implication of going under water to catch a fish. The wolf wasn't as fond as water as her friend.

Hmm, Rurik likes water. Very good swimmer, practically a fish himself. That's why he does the fishing. I don't like water much. He's got a better coat for it than me, all waterproof. Like an otter. She mused, briefly picturing Rurik as a giant otter. The image made her let out a short sharp giggle before she got it under control.

Did you just picture me as otter.

You know me far too well.

Null considered Soran's question about hunting for a moment. Well... Not usually. I never do, at any rate. Rurik likes to chase things sometimes, so he'll go hunt a deer or whatever, but I stick to my traps. And he mostly just fishes, anyway. Trapping has a pretty good success rate if you know where to set them up. And, depending on the size of the trap, you can get all sorts. We caught an elk once, in a pit trap. Oh that was brilliant. The trapper grinned at the memory. The elk had been a huge bull, caught in their pit-- they hadn't dug it, just covered it over to hide it from sight. It had been pissed off and bleating at them when they found it. Null made up for her lack of traditional hunting skill with a deadly aim with throwing knives, however, and had managed to cut the beasts neck with a clean shot, letting it bleed to death. It was a proud catch.

We were in the area and heard from our friend Wren that they were offering shelter. And yeah, they were pretty nice. It was a good place to crash while we waited the storm out. Null had found that if one added in unnecessary details-- like the name of a non-existent friend-- it made lies much more convincing. Null could honestly keep this tale running forever and keep all of her facts straight. She was good at deceiving.

О, нет, дорогой. Ruik's tone was one of sympathy and compassion. He remembered how worried he had been about Null when the storm had hit. Null had been just as concerned about him; she took his hand (which practically swallowed hers) and squeezed gently at the memory of her simmering panic. She couldn't even imagine how she would be feeling if she had heard nothing from him since.

We'll keep an eye out. Her voice was low and subdued.

Messages In This Thread