Without leaving my finger[p]rints
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Sorry for the wait on this hun, I started to reply last night but then got into working out my (future and past) other character Robin's family tree and broke my brain, she's related to every big and medium family on the board, she has so many cousins it's ridiculous lol.
WC: 917

The ebony female could not help but chuckle a little as she listened to Rurik reply to her thoughts, saying that he preferred to catch fish with his paws and teeth "like bear", it was the image of him swiping at fish, waist deep in water, acting like a bear. Soran was not fond of bears at this current moment in time though, she knew that the rampaging murderous one that had killed her little Blind had been a rarity, that not all bears were like that, she knew that like wolves there were some bears that were going to be bad apples; she probably knew that better than most, but the image of Rurik acting as a bear somehow lifted her spirits and made her chuckle. Null then went on to explain that Rurik was far keener on water than she herself was, that he was built more like an otter with a waterproof coat, this brought an image of a large Rurik-shaped otter to mind and that made the ebony female laugh again, a warm hearty laugh, she just could not help it. It seemed that both Rurik and Null had pictured the same thing and discussed it with a cheerful ease.
"I must confess that I pictured the same thing, I do apologise for laughing, it was just the image was so very funny." Soran added, laughing to herself again a little as once again the Rurik-otter danced through her mind.
"I myself have never really had a strong feeling on water either way, I am able to cross it and once in a while, in the height of summer when it gets too hot for me it is a lovely way to cool off, but I must confess it is not something that I would go out of my way to explore." Soran noted, smiling as she did so, it was true that sometimes a lake was the most blissful release from the heat of a midsummer's day; Soran's sable pelt trapped heat on days like that and sometimes the icy chill of a lake was just the thing to slake off the uncomfortable feeling that came with it.

The sable female listened as Null explained how they hunted, it seemed that Rurik and Soran herself probably shared a lot of traits, she was a huntress herself, she loved the thrill of chasing something, to hear the pounding of her own heartbeat and the drumming of her paws against the ground as she closed the gap between herself and her prey, she loved it, it was a feeling that was indescribable and so satisfying to her, it was freeing. It seemed that Null preferred traps herself, it was not something that Soran had really thought about doing much herself, but it seemed that Null was quite skilled at setting the traps, apparently they had even caught an elk once, Soran's eyes widened at this, that was quite a feat.
"That is amazing, how on earth did you manage to catch something that size? I have seen whole pack hunting parties have trouble bringing down an elk. A pit trap, is that a hole in the ground, covered over?" Soran asked, suddenly remembering a book on survival she had found once in an old library, it had a picture, that image seemed like it would fit the idea of a pit trap. Soran was genuinely curious about how Null managed to capture things of that size.

Null explained that they had a loner friend that had told them about Casa di Cavalieri and Soran nodded, she still had no idea that they could be lying, after all she was willing to trust wolves that she met and as far as she knew this pair had no reason to lie to her. Also her story was certainly plausible.
"You must be very grateful to her for letting you know, she sounds like a good friend to have." Soran replied, smiling as she did so, it was nice to know that the lone wolves of the lands still looked after and cared for one another, almost like a giant pack that extended across the whole of the lands. The conversation then turned back to Deuce and Soran watched as the pair before her held hands, she could not understand what it was that Rurik had said to her, even after knowing the Russians she had never picked up the language, but somehow the words felt comforting. Null promised to keep an eye out and Soran smiled at her, they seemed like such kind creatures.
"Thank you very much, I have been walking to the other packs in the area to see if any of them have seen her, alas no-one seems to have done so. I just miss her so much, I don't think she's dead, this sounds strange, but if she were I think... I think I would have felt it, my own heart would have probably broken at that moment. Does that sound strange? What am I saying... it sounds insane. I'm just so worried that she might be lost and alone somewhere, she could be hurt. I just want her found safe and sound. If you could keep an eye out that would be really very kind of you." Soran replied, rubbing a hand across her face, the gratitude for the pair's offer of keeping a watch out for Deuce was palpable, she would never be able to express how grateful she was.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]

Messages In This Thread