Without leaving my finger[p]rints
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/qdieh.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

((No problem! I actually did the exact same thing yesterday, I think I followed a link to Linden Aatte and ended up lookin' at Robin...? Crazy huge family. Also, look at my sexy new table~!))

Null couldn't help but throw back her head and laugh. Rurik let out a soft wuffling laugh, mostly just pleased by her laughter. Oh man, that settles it. You are one hundred percent an otter! She teased, poking him playfully in the belly. Rurik huffed through his nose.

If I am otter, you are tiny fluffy kitten. He told her. Null responded by clamping her teeth and vibrating her tounge against the roof of her mouth-- it made a very convincing purring sound. Rurik pricked his ears a little, looking impressed. He attempted to mimic her and ended up simply saying 'rrrrrr' through gritted teeth. How do you do zat?

A magician never reveals her secrets, darling! Null replied with a wink. She had always wanted a legitimate reason to use that expression.

Oh, I luuuurve me some hot weather. My family's from Mexico, She had her family's trait of referring to their homeland with a Mexican accent, pronouncing it 'Mehico', so I am built for heat and plains. It never gets that hot around here to me. I struggle with the cold though. Mexican nights can be cold, but not like it gets 'round here. She gave an exaggerated shiver to show her distaste for cold weather. Ah, but Rurik's all fluffy and warm, so I just steal his warms. Like a heat vampire.

I strrrruggle vith heat. Hawe to clip coat and svim a lot just to keep cool. But mostly like vater because my mother vas Newfoundland Dog, bred for svimming and vater rescue. Rurik was very proud of his dog heritage, and he carried a lot of their traits; he often found that if he ever saw anyone in he water, regardless of whether they were in trouble or not, he had the impulse to leap in and pull them to dry ground. He was pretty good at not doing that, though, unless it was Null in the water. Then there was no hope, and she tended to just let him do it.

Mmm, I read an old human book full of dogs that had been given medals for stuff. There was a Newfounland in there that had personally rescued three hundred people from a shipwreck when it hit a rock before reaching shore. That's ridiculously impressive. Also explains why I can't go swimming or take a bath for more than five minutes without this one hauling me out again. Null jerked a thumb at Rurik, who had the grace to look sheepish.

Uh, yeah, hole in the ground, cover it over. Put some spikes in it if you wanna kill stuff straight away. We didn't dig the pit for this particular trap, we just found a really big, conveniently place hole and covered it over. We left it alone till the afternoon, when we came back we had a really pissed off bull elk. I took a shot at it with a throwing knife, got it in the jugular, let it bleed to death. Null explained the scenario with no small measure of pride. It was an excellent catch, and it was on the top of her list of 'Reasons Trapping is Better Than My Stupid Brothers Just Biting Stuff'.

Null nodded-- Imaginary Wren was a good friend, or at least she would be if she was real. Yeah, she's a sweetheart. We don't see her too often, she doesn't travel as much as she used to. She's shacked up with this Poodle, who's a bit of a dick but he dotes on her, so whatever. What's his name? Francis? The last part was directed to Rurik, just so that he could confirm the lie.

Francois. French-Canadian boy. Rurik added in easily. Null nodded snapping her fingers and pointing to Rurik as though to say 'yeah, that's it'.

Nah, I get what you mean. Null nodded. She didn't believe in psychic bonds or being able to 'sense' things like that, but she figured Soran wasn't the type for that either. And even Null figured that if anything happened to Rurik then she would just... Know. Somehow. Hey, if she turns up at your packlands you put the word out for us, okay? I wanna know if you find her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread